Avaya is Fulfilling their Roadmap Promise with the Release of the IP Office 7.0
The wait is over! The future is NOW, Avaya has fulfilled their roadmap promise.
Avatel Technologies is excited to announce the availability of the Avaya IP Office R7 today, March 23, 2011. Avaya continues to streamline its product portfolio and highlights the IP Office as its single forward-looking IP/hybrid platform for SMEs. Avaya has embarked on an important milestone in the history of the company by moving key Nortel product functionality to the IP Office platform. This release delivers collaboration with up to 60% investment protection for existing BCM and Norstar customers – no other vendor can say or do that!
With the 7.0 release of the IP Office, Avaya is advancing on their vision, while introducing new levels of cost-efficiency and total cost of ownership that drives new savings through advanced communications. Avaya seems to be firing on all pistons from operations, engineering and product innovation. Avaya’s overall migration objective was to move to a common platform for communications and messaging to bring all of the powerful collaboration capabilities of big business to the SME community with the flexibility, sophistication and expandability of the Avaya IP Office. Avaya’s commitment is clear, to help small and mid-size companies compete more effectively in a cost-conscious manner.
Avaya’s vision is based on open standards, communications-enabled business systems and effective, contextual, real-time communications. Avaya takes the best of breed approach with respect to product development by incorporating the best of Nortel products and adding that level of functionality into the Avaya IP Office product line to create a richer solution with strong investment protection.
Avaya announced a new direction for the company in early 2010, laying out a product road map that would consolidate products into the Avaya IP Office. To show how nimble Avaya has become, when the Nortel acquisition took place in late 2009, Avaya had six products focused on the SME market. The products were the IP Office, Integral 5, Partner ACS, Norstar, BCM and SCS. Avaya has executed the Nortel integration with speed rivaled only by much larger firms and in only 10 months has integrated The Avaya Partner ACS, Nortel BCM and Norstar features and handsets into the 7.0 release.
The integration value is huge as there are fewer products with overlapping features to support the large SME market. These advances will let businesses with Nortel and Avaya systems upgrade to take advantage of the latest advancements without throwing out their investment in handsets.
With the completion of this evolutionary roadmap to a single platform, the new Avaya IPO enables existing Nortel BCM and Norstar users a cost effective migration path towards IP Office by keeping the existing IP, digital and digital mobile phones.
What’s new with IP Office Release 7.0?
- Enhanced User-Experience with new IP and Digital phones series: Both paperless, LCD, soft key driven (paperless labeling) and enhanced voice quality. In addition, the IP phones
- New wall mount with cable management and cable cover
- (9621G/9641G) have a touch screen, larger backlit LCD color touch screens and the 9641G has a USB port and is Bluetooth ready.
- Support for T7000 and M7000 series sets, Audio Conferencing Unit, and Digital Mobility Solutions
- New Digital Expansion Modules (DS16a & DS30a) & TCM8 Base Card supports heritage Nortel sets
- New industrial DECT handsets: 3740 and 3749 and simplified DECT Management
- T7406E Cordless Phone
- Streamlined management tools – built for the sub-20 employee segment, these new simplified tools reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Improved Data Migration Tool minimizes the cost and time required for BCM /Norstar migrations with the Migration wizard for moving over all settings/voicemail greetings/etc. to IP Office Platform.
- Nortel IP Phone 1100 and 1200 sets will be more intuitive with rich features added
- BCM Interoperability between BCM, IP Office, CS1000 and Avaya Aura.
- Introducing a new gadget for Avaya one-X® Portal for IP Office, designed for customer service agents. Avaya one-X® Portal for IP Office is included with Office Worker, Teleworker, and Power User solutions.
Every small and mid-size business needs ways to reduce costs and improve the way it operates. Like every business, you’re looking to keep all your customers, add new ones and grow at the pace that’s right for you. The IP Office will help you increase profitability, improve productivity, gain competitive advantages, consolidate, eliminate excessive costs and Communicate without boundaries. Contact your Avatel representative today at 866.835.2661 for more information on the new release of the Avaya IP Office
Jamie Wood, Avatel EVP
- Posted in: Uncategorized